- Anesthesiology & Intensive Care Unit
- Clinical and Interventional Cardiology
- Dermatology & Venereology
- Emergency Medicine
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- General & Family Medicine
- Interventional Radiology
- Pediatrics & Neonatology
- Pneumology & Allergology
- Psychiatry and Psychotherapy
Anesthesiology & Intensive Care Unit
Anesthesiology is the medical specialty that basically ‘knocks out' patients before a surgery, cares for them during the surgery, awakes them after, and makes sure they are well and pain free afterwards.
There are different ways to ensure you are pain free during a procedure or surgery and the choice depends on the type of surgery or procedure, the medical condition and the preference of the patient.
Analgesia is the loss of pain sensation without loss of consciousness and is achieved by injecting a a local anesthetic drug either into the fluid surrounding the spinal cord (spinal anesthesia) or the epidural space surrounding this fluid (epidural anesthesia). A similar technique can be applied with different drugs (opioids) to relieve the pain and make patients feel comfortable and allow them to heal faster.
Analgesia can also be applied to a small area (local anesthesia) where a numbing agent is injected either directly around nerves supplying the area of the procedure or into joints. These techniques are mostly performed under ultrasound guidance to allow precise administration of the anesthetic drug.
HFH anesthesiologists have studied and trained in leading European Hospitals and are experts in providing highest quality peri-operative care management for patients, treating severely ill patients in the ICU and treating acute and chronic pain in our patients.
There is at least one anesthesiologist with a team of skilled technicians and nurses available at the hospital 24 hours/7 days a week to care for all patients who require a procedure and acute pain management.
The HFH Operating Theater is equipped with a highly efficient technical platform including the latest 4K technology 2D Full HD, both from Olympus, and state of the art extra-corporeal lithotripter, from Karl Storz.
Our multidisciplinary Operating Theaters allow the realization of conventional (open) surgery, minimally invasive surgery such as laparoscopic, also known as ‘keyhole surgery” and endoscopic procedures, neurosurgery, and microsurgery under navigation. We provide planned and emergency surgeries 24 hours/7 days a week for the following specialties:
- Visceral Surgery
- Orthopedics & Traumatology
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Endoscopic Interventions (Gastroenterology and Pneumology)
- Interventional Cardiology and Peripheral Vascular Interventions
Our OT is divided into two area:
The surgical area which comprises of six operating rooms; 2 hyperaseptic rooms for neurosurgery and orthopedics, 4 aseptic rooms for conventional surgery including one reserved for cesarean-sections. The adjacent recovery room with 12 beds provides for the post-operative monitoring, care and pain management of our patients after surgery before they are transferred back to the ward or day care area. A dedicated team of anesthetists and highly skilled nurses ensures all our patients are provided with best quality care and made as comfortable as possible.
The second area of the OT is dedicated to endoscopy and comprises of 3 operating rooms, 2 of which are dedicated to digestive and pneumology endoscopy and the last one for cardiovascular interventions. The dedicated 5 bed recovery room ensures immediate post-operative vital monitoring and patient care.
Our team of anesthetists and nurses are available round the clock and seven days a week to provide for all levels of patient care before, during and after a surgery or procedure.
Our OT applies the highest hygiene and infection prevention and control standards which are based on the most stringent international protocols. The Central Sterilization Unit works to support our OT and ensures best international practices in sterilization, disinfection and processing of all instruments and materials utilized during procedures maximizing patient safety and protection and treatment outcomes, according to the highest international standards.
Intensive Care Unit
The intensive care unit (ICU) at the French Hospital in Hanoi provides the full range of critical medical services to patients with unstable medical conditions or life threatening illnesses. Our anesthesiologists-intensivists work with a multidisciplinary care team in our ICU, supported by state of the art monitoring and life supporting equipment to improve patient survival rate, maximize quality of care delivered and ease suffering.
Our specialists are on duty 24 hours/ 7 days a week to provide the best care for our ICU patients together with our highly skilled ICU nursing team to deliver highest quality care medical care and to optimize patient outcomes.
Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Tho
- 1989: Medical Doctor, Hanoi Medical University (Highest ranking graduation)
- 1998: Master of Science, Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 1992: Outstanding Resident – Internal Medicine, Viet Duc Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 1996-1997: Thirteen month Post-graduate Training (FFI) in Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Tour, France
- Being trained on LeanSixsigma from Malaysia
- Diploma in English Advanced Course, RMIT, Vietnam
- 1988-1992: Resident Anesthesiologist/ Intensivist, Viet Duc Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 1992-2002: Senior anesthesiologist/ Intensivist, Intensive Care Unit, Viet Duc Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2002-present: Senior anesthesiologist/ Intensivist, Hanoi French Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2007-present: Head of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Hanoi French Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Vietnamese Society of Anesthesiologists, since 1998
- Surgical Intensive care
- Medical Intensive Care for adults
- Anesthesia (for all specialties except neonatology)
- Local and regional anesthesia
- Acute pain management.
Dr. Vu Thi Thu Giang
- 1995: Medical Doctor, University of Medicine, Hanoi City, VietnamBoard Certifications
Board of Certificate
- 2001: Master of Science in Medicine, University of Medicine, Hanoi City, Vietnam Fellowships
- 1997-1998, 2006: Residence in Anesthesiology, France
- 1996-2000: Residency in Anesthesiology, Vietduc Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2001: Residency in Anesthesiology , University of Medicine, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2001-2007: Lecturer in Anesthesiology,: University of Medicine Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2001-2007: Anesthesiologist & Intensive Care Medicine Specialist, Vietduc Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2007-present: Anesthesiologist and Intensive Care Medicine Specialist, L’Hopital Francais de Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 1995: Medical Doctor, University of Medicine, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Intensive Care Management
- Pain management
Dr. Jean Pierre Labadens
- 1979 : Doctorat in General Medicine, Specialty in Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Faculté Alexis Carrel, Lyon, France
- 1978-1979 : Emergency Medicine, L’Hopital Edouard Herrit, Lyon, France
- 1980-1987 : Residency in Emergency Medicine, Intensive Care Medicine, Pediatrics and Obstetrics.
- Residency in Cardiothoracic Surgery Anesthesia, Lyon, France.
- 1988 : Subspecialty in Cardiothoracic Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine in the adult, pediatric and neonatal patient, Cardiology Hospital Louis Pradel, Lyon, France.
- 1987-2007 : Anesthesist and Intensive Care Medicin Specialist in Cardiothoracic Surgery patients (adult, pediatric), at a private Clinic Tonkin, Villeurbanne, France.
- 2007-2008 : Development of a Cardiac Surgery Center at an International Clinic, Marrakech, Marocco. In paralell, regular replacement of doctors in the field of Anesthesia and Intensive Care for all surgical pathologies in adult, obstetric and pediatric patients at Clinic Bretéché, Nantes ; Clinique Esquirol, Agen ; Clinic Pasteur, Bergerac and Clinic d’Argona, Annecy, all in France.
- 2008 – 2014: Part-time Consultant Clinic d’Argonay, and part-time Consultant in Cardiac Anesthesia at the Hospital of Annecy (until 2013), France.
- 2014-2017 : Anesthetist and Intensive Care Medicine Consultant, Kourou, French Guinea.
- June 2017-present : Anesthetist and Intensive Care Medicine Consultant, Hanoi French Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Member of SFAR (Société Française d’Anesthésie Réanimation)
- Member of CFAR (Collège Français d’Anesthésie Réanimation)
- Anesthesia , peri-, and post-operative management of complex cardiothoracic surgery patients
- Chronic pain management
- Loco-regional nerve blocks and analgesia
Dr Le Viet Vui
- 1987: Medical Doctor, 1-st Moscow Medical University Sechenov, Moscow, Russian Federation
- 2000: Master of Science in Medicine, Specialization in Anesthesia & Intensive Care Medicine, University of Medicine, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 1997-1998: Medical intern (FFI) at University Hospital Center (CHU), Reims, France.
- 1989-.1995: Anesthetist, 1st Hospital of Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 1995-2000: Anesthetist& Intensive Care Medicine Specialist, Master Course, Anesthesia & Intensive Care department, Viet Duc Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam,
- 2000-present: Senior Anesthetist & Intensive Care Medicine Specialist, Deputy Head of Department, Hanoi French Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Anesthesia for Adults, children
- Surgical and medical Intensive Care
- Postoperative pain management