Press & Media - Fri, 08/25/2023 - 09:06
Emergency Medical Care: The heart of first-class healthcare at Hanoi French Hospital
The Accident and Emergency (A&E) Department at Hanoi French Hospital (HFH) is at the forefront of providing swift and comprehensive emergency medical care. With an internationally trained team of medical professionals, and state-of-the-art facilities meeting European standards, patients can be assured of timely and effective treatment for a wide range of illnesses and injuries.
Emergency medical care is absolutely crucial and intervening quickly and promptly can save lives, restore vital functions, and limit long-term complications for patients.
A&E is a central department of Hanoi French Hospital (HFH), which is supported by the entire hospital’s infrastructure of medical imagery, lab, operation theatres and more, so that we can assure fast, safe and quality care around the clock.
Doctors - The true soldiers of our A&E Department
According to Dr. Francois Pruvot, Head of the A&E Department at Hanoi French Hospital, quick decisions about severe cases are critical. As a result, doctors and paramedics in the A&E Department require specialized training to respond quickly and effectively to any medical emergency, from minor trauma to life-threatening conditions.
Dr. Pruvot emphasizes that at Hanoi French Hospital, accident and emergency services are one of the trusted services of the hospital with many advantages, including:
- Being staffed by a team of doctors and medical staff who are intensively trained according to European standards in emergency medicine to provide the most possible accurate diagnosis and clinical classification, ensuring that patients receive the care they need promptly and effectively
- International doctors that can communicate in multiple languages, providing patients with a sense of familiarity and comfort, as if they were being treated in their own country.
- Collaborating closely with other hospital departments to ensure that patients receive consistent, seamless care, including timely tests and surgery
- Providing complete information about the patient's condition to both patients and families, including treatment options and follow-up care
- Ensuring effective pain control is a priority so that patients are safe and comfortable. HFH recognizes that receiving prompt emergency pain relief is critical to a patient's health and wellbeing. As a result, in each emergency case where the patient experiences pain, the medical team in the A&E Department responds swiftly and carefully to manage the situation and reduce the patient's discomfort as soon as possible
- With optimal emergency procedures, modern facilities, and 24/7 availability of operating rooms and delivery rooms, the medical experts at HFH apply a holistic approach to handle emergency situations and help patients return to a safer condition, including providing a safe and caring environment
- Performing only the necessary tests and scans for diagnosis and treatment, helping to save costs and time
- Privacy and a quiet environment for patients with its own curtained emergency beds and hospital rooms, tailored to the medical condition and needs of each patient.
According to the World Health Organization, in medical emergencies the most critical factor is to provide first aid to the injured and sick as soon as possible. Most deaths occur in the first few hours after an accident due to respiratory system issues, blocked airways, or blood loss, almost all of which can be managed with prompt emergency care. If treated promptly, patients will see significantly reduced mortality rates and fewer complications and injuries.
In the event of an emergency, the emergency and surgical team at HFH is available 24/7, providing prompt, efficient, and high-quality emergency care. This is consistent with our commitment to providing first-class healthcare. Our professional skills, as well as a commitment to serving the patient's best interests, create a difference in terms of the quality of emergency services at Hanoi French Hospital.