Neurosurgery deals with diseases and disorders of the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) and the peripheral nervous system (nerves).
Neurosurgery also takes care of the bone structures like skull, skull base and spine.
Recent achievements in the fields of neuro-radiology, neuro-anesthesiology and neuro-resuscitation allow our surgeons to perform operations with state of the art equipment (neuro-navigation), enhancing the chances for success and reducing the length of stay.
Most frequently performed interventions are:
- Neuro-traumatology (traumatism of skull and spine);
- Surgery of the cerebral, medullary and spinal tumors;
- Surgery of vascular diseases (aneurysm, angioma, cavernoma);
- Interventional vascular neuro-radiology (coils, embolisations);
- Pediatric neurosurgery (tumors, malformations, hydrocephalus);
- Surgery of rachis and intervertebral disks
Dr. Ngo Manh Hung
- 2000: Medical Doctor, Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2001-2004: Resident, Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2005: Master of Science in Medicine, Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2006-2008: Resident in Neurosurgery, Strasbourg, France
- 2015: Course in Neuro-endoscopy, KL, Malaysia
- 2016: Course in Neurovascular Surgery, Sapporo, Japan
- 2004-2010: Junior neurosurgeon, Neurosurgical department, Viet-Duc hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2010-2017: Senior neurosurgeon, Neurosurgical department, Viet-Duc hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Vietnamese Society of Neurosurgery
- Brain tumors
- Neurovascular malformations
- Spinal tumor and vascular malformations
- Functional neurosurgery: hemifacial pain, hemispasm
- TBI (Traumatic brain injury)