Laboratory and Blood Bank
The Laboratory provides a comprehensive range of tests in hematology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, cytology and pathology to patients and doctors.
The Laboratory works 24/7 to ensure in, and out-patients are provided with the best quality care available. It is well equipped with the latest automated technology and uses barcode readers to support accurate patient identification and tracking of results. Thanks to Laboratory Information System (LIS) and integrated Hospital Information System (HIS) test results are available to doctors in a timely manner and can be accessed by our patients via a secured portal on the hospital’s website.
At HFH we aim to provide the best quality services currently available and our stringent quality assurance and quality programs together with a strict preventative maintenance and calibration systems ensures the accuracy of all tests performed.
In addition to our internal quality control systems HFH laboratory has been accredited with external quality control programs like RCPA, Australia, CAP (College of American Pathologists), US, and Randox, Center for Standardization and Quality Control of Hanoi Medical University and undergoes annual survey and accreditation processes.
The Laboratory Department is also responsible for supplying blood and blood products that may be required by our patients and is 100% compliant with blood transfusion safety regulations to guarantee the safety of blood and blood products utilized in the hospital
The Laboratory plays an active role in the hospital’s Infection Prevention and Control Program and Active Surveillance Program to minimize the risk of hospital acquired infections to all our customers and staff.
Dr. Ngo Thi Thi
• 1975-2007: Microbiology specialist, Head of Microbiology Department, National Pediatric Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam.
• 2008-2010: Microbiology Specialist – Oxford University of Clinical Research Unit, Hanoi, Vietnam.
• 2011till present: Microbiology Specialist in laboratory of Hanoi France Hospital.
- First report on Clinical Features of Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection in Vietnamese children. Japan. J . Infection 60, 370-373, 2007.
- Usefulness of quantitative culture methods using bronchial secretion for identification of bacteria in community acquired pneumonia among children in Vietnam. Japan . J . Infection. Dis 111-116, 2006.
- Genetic and phenotyphic characterization of haemophilus influenzae type B isolated from children with meningitis and their family members in Vietnam.
- Haemophilus influenzae type B, molecular biological characteristics familial contagious source. Vietnam Journal of Preventive Medicine . Vol 15. No5, 2005.
- A high level of drug resistance of bacterial pathogens isolated form pediatric patients with acute respiratory infections in Vietnam, 2002.
- Antibiotic resistance of Heamophilus influenzae and Streptococcus pneumoniae form children admitted to the NHP during 1994-1998.
- Bacteremia in children : pathogens and antibiotic resistance, 1999.
Dr. Pham Hoang Yen
• 1986 – 2013: Bacteriology Consultant - National Reference Laboratory - National Lung Hospital , Hanoi, Vietnam
• 2003 – 2013: Head of Bacteriology non Tuberculosis Section - National Reference Laboratory , Hanoi, Vietnam
• 2013-present: Head of Bacteriology Unit – Laboratory Hanoi French Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam.
Dr. Do Thi Minh Huyen
- 1984: Medical Doctor, Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 1987: Specialization Degree Level 1 in Hematology, Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 1998: Master of Science in Medicine, Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi Vietnam
- 2008: Certificate of Internal Audit Systems - Quality Management ISO 9001-2000, Metrology Institute, Vietnam
- 2014: Certificate for Laboratory Bio-safety 2nd degree, Hygiene and Epidemic Institute, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2016: Certificate for Quality Management Systems ISO 15189-2014, Metrology Institute, Vietnam
- 2016: Certificate In Management System Documentation, ISO 15189-2012, Ministry of Science and Technology Bureau of Accreditation (BoA ), Vietnam
- 1984-1987: Residency in Internal Medicine, Hanoi Medical University, Vietnam
- 1987-1988: Residency in General Hematology, Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam and Central Pediatric Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam for Master Degree.
- 2002: Hematologic Diseases, Melbourne Royal Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
- 1990-2003: Doctor in Hematology, Laboratory of Pediatric Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2003-2008: Doctor in Hematology, Laboratory of Hanoi French Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam. Responsible for daily routine in the fields of hematology, biochemistry, immunology, and microbiology
- 2008-present: Head of Laboratory Department Hanoi French Hospital , Hanoi, Vietnam
- Hematology and Transfusion medicine
- Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology
- Microbiology and Infection Control
- Quality Management and Bio-safety
PhD. Dr. Nguyen Truong Chung
- 1993-1999: Medical Doctor, Ha Noi Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2007-2013: Medical School, Chonnam National University, Kwangju, South Korea
- General Practitioner - Hanoi Medical University, Vietnam, 1999
- Master of Molecular Medicine - Chonnam National University, South Korea, 2009
- PhD in Cancer Immunology – Clinical Vaccine R&D Center, Chonnam National University, South Korea, 2013
- 12/2016 - 3/2017: Training course on cell therapy in cancer treatment at Mayo Clinic, US
- Hematologist at Vietnam - France Hospital, 2022.
- Deputy Director of Laboratory Center, Saint Paul General Hospital, 2020-2022.
- Head of Hematology - Blood Transfusion Department. In charge of clinical hematology Unit at Saint Paul General Hospital, 2017-2022.
- Hematologist at Department of Hematology - Blood Transfusion, Saint Paul General Hospital, 2016-2022.
- Medical Doctor in Laboratory Medicine, Vinmec International Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam, 2014-2016.
- Vietnam Association of Haematology and Blood Transfusion
- Korean Association of Immunologists
- Molecular Biology
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Anemia
- Screening, Diagnosis, and Genetic Counseling for Thalassemia, G6PD Deficiency…
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Blood Diseases: Immune Thrombocytopenia, Essential Thrombocythemia, Polycythemia Vera.
- Hemostasis Disorders
- Diagnosis, Monitoring and Treatment of Malignant Blood Diseases.
13.30 - 17.30
|8.30 - 12.30||
|Wed||13.30 - 17.30||
|Thu||8.30 - 12.30||
|Fri||8.30 - 12.30||
|Fri||13.30 - 17.30||
|Sat||8.30 - 12.30||