- Anesthesiology & Intensive Care Unit
- Clinical and Interventional Cardiology
- Dermatology & Venereology
- Emergency Medicine
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- General & Family Medicine
- Infectious Diseases & Tropical Medicine
- Interventional Radiology
- Pediatrics & Neonatology
- Pneumology & Allergology
- Psychiatry and Psychotherapy
24-hour service for Triage and initial management of patients with life-threatining conditions, as well as medical care for all acuity levels.
24/7 ambulance coverage with two ambulance cars available.
All patients who come to the Hospital’s A&E are triaged, stabilized, treated, and either referred to the appropriate outpatient clinic during office hours, hospitalized, or transferred to another health care facility according to the individual patient’s condition and needs.
Access to our operating theaters and delivery suite is available 24/7. A dedicated team of Medical and Surgical Specialists are available 24/7 if needed.
1st floor, main hospital building.
- Time efficient International Triage System (See Table 1).
- Each patient assessed according by an Emergency Doctor.
- Monitoring of essential vital parameters.
- Rapid assessment, intervention, and resuscitation of critical patients.
- Performance of minor procedures (i.e. sutures of lacerations, splints) under moderate sedation.
- Ambulance services to and from HFH.
Cardiopulmonary arrest, shock of any etiology (cardiac, septic, hemorrhagic, etc), respiratory failure with need for ventilation, airway symptoms after smoke inhalation or burn injury, epileptic state, need for airway protection and intubation,severe and symptomatic hypoglycemia (Gluc <1.5mmol/L0, any condition with impaired consciousness (GCS<9), anaphylaxis, severe trauma.
< 10 minutes (very urgent)
Myocardial infarction (STEMI, NSTEMI with persistent pain), acute respiratory problems, hemoptysis, hematemesis, acute stroke within time frame for fibrinolytic therapy, intracranial hemorrhage, postictal state after epileptic seizure, high fever with chills, meningitis, severe sepsis impaired consciousness, acute psychosis, substance intoxication, hypoglycemia, ketoacidosis
< 30 minutes
Unstable angina, myocardial infarction without high severity (NSTEMI without pain), abdominal pain, stable hemorrhage, continuous vomiting, pulmonary embolism (stable), hypertensive crisis, presentation after syncope, heart failure (stable), febrile infection
< 90 minutes
No real emergency situation, self-limiting infections (i.e.common cold), etc.
Elective presentation or not an emergency indication
Patient Population Served
All patients, irrespective of age, who come to the A&E are assessed, treated and referred to appropriate clinics, in-hospital units or other health care facilities, based on the individual patient’s needs.
Methods for Assessing and Meeting Patient Care Needs
Patient are initially triaged according their acuity level by the Triage Nurse.
Assessment and management by Emergency Medicine Doctor.
Assessment of patient includes but is not limited to past and present medical history and thorough physical examination and additional specialists’ consultations as needed.
Ancillary studies performed as required.
Initiation of clinical treatment pathways (i.e. Acute Coronary Syndrome, Acute Asthma in Pediatric Patient, etc.).
The complexity of the individual patient care needs will depend on the patient’s condition and will be tailored to each and every individual accordingly.
All activities and services are guided by established and approved policies and procedures by the A&E, relevant institutional and organizational policies of the Hospital
The department and the hospital ensure cohesion of care when patients have to be referred between subspecialties, thus ensuring the involvement of the appropriate medical team for each condition.
Dr. Vu Hoang Thu
- 1982: Medical Doctor, Medical University Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 1989: First degree Speciality, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2014 and 2015: continuous formation in allergo-clinical immunology (organized by Franco- Vietnamese association of Pneumology, Hanoi, Vietnam)
- 1984: Residency in Dermatology Institute, Bach mai hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 1994-1995: Residency in internal medicine and dermato-allergology department , Brest, France
- 1996: Residency in Emergency Medicine and Intensive Care, Bach mai hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2001: Courses on clinical and therapeutic synthesis, France
- 2014 and 2015: Continuous formation in allergo-clinical immunology (Franco- Vietnamese association of Pneumology, Viet nam)
- 1996-2000: Head of Emergency Department; Clinical immuno-allergology department; Bach mai Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2009-present: Head of Outpatient Department, Hanoi French Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- General and emergency medicine
Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Hung
- 1996: Medical Doctor, Thai Nguyen Medical University, Vietnam
Board of certifications
- 2000: Resident Physician & Master in Infectious and Tropical Disease, Bach Mai Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2001-2006: Advanced training in internal medicine and neurology in various hospitals such as Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitié-Salpetrier, Centre Hospitaliaire Bichat-Claude Bernard, Paris and Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Saint-André Bordeaux, France.
- 2007 till present: Specialist in Emergency, Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Hanoi French Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Vietnamese Society of Infectious Diseases
- Infectious and Tropical Diseases
Dr. Nguyen Van Mui
- 2003: Medical doctor, Hai Phong Medical University, Hai Phong, Vietnam
- 2005: Infectious Disease Therapeutics, University of Medicine, Brest, France
- Hyperbaric Medicine, Hôpital de la Cavale Blanche, Brest, France
- Emergency First Aid, Hôpital de la Cavale Blanche, Brest, France
- 2014: Master degree in Internal Medicine, Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2003-2004: Physician, general medicine, Vietnam National Institute of Maritime Medicine, Hai Phong, Vietnam
- 2004-2006: Resident Doctor, Cavale blanche Hospital, Brest France
- 2007- 2012: Emergency department, internal medicine- diabeto and endocrinology, Hanoi French Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2012- 2014: Training doctor for internal medicine at endocrinologist department of Bach Mai and Hanoi Medical University Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- · Endocrine disease/ Diabetes
Dr. Francois Pruvot
- 1994-2001: Medical Study, Henri Warembourg Medical School, University of Lille II, France.
- 2004: Doctor in Medicine, Henri Warembourg Medical School, University of Lille II, France.
- 2001-2004: Residency, Pediatric Emergency Unit, Valenciennes General Hospital; Prehospital Mobile Unit, SAMU, Lille University Hospital; Intensive Care Unit, Béthune General Hospital, France
- 2006: Diploma in Emergency Medicine, Henri Warembourg Medical School, University of Lille II, France
- 2004: EKG reading and interpretation, Henri Warembourg Medical School, University of Lille II, France
- 2005: Diploma in Intensive Care, Henri Warembourg Medical School, University of Lille II, France
- 2007: Diploma in Disaster Medicine, Henri Warembourg Medical School, University of Lille II, France
- 2011-2012: Interuniversity Diploma in Chiropractic and Osteopathy, Henri Warembourg Medical School, University of Lille II, France
- 2015: Degree in Sports Medicine, Marseille Medical School, France
- 2017: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- 2004-2006: Full time physician, Medical and surgical Intensive Care Unit, Béthune General Hospital, France
- 2006-2008: Full time hospital practitioner, Emergency Unit and Pre-hospital Mobile Unit, Béthune General Hospital, France
- 2008-2012: Emergency Medicine, Clinique Medico-chirurgicale de la Cote d’Opale
- 2012-2016: Emergency Physician, International SOS Clinic, Beijing, China
- 2015-2016: General Practitioner, International SOS Clinic, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2016-2018: Senior physician, Emergency Department, Basse-Terre Public Hospital, West Indies Guadeloupe, France.
- Member of the French Emergency Medicine Society
- Member of the French Association of Private Hospital Emergency Physicians
- Comprehensive examination
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic and acute conditions
- Emergency care
- Sports medicine
- Trauma management
- Disaster medicine
Dr. Vu Quang Huy
- 1995: Medical Doctor, University of Medicine, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2000: Post-graduate training on Intensive Care and Poison Control, Bach Mai Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2000-2002: General Practitioner at Emergency, Intensive Care and Poison Control, Bach Mai Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2002-2012: General Practitioner at International SOS, Hanoi, Vietnam
- From 2012: General Practitioner & Emergency Medicine, Hanoi French Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Vietnam Association of Emergency, Intensive Care and Poison Control
- General Medicine
Dr. Dang Ngoc Tan
- 1995: Medical Doctor, University of Medicine, Thai Nguyen City, Vietnam
- 2010: Master of Science in Medicine (Rheumatology), University of Medicine, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2001: Clinical Pharmacy I, II, III- Faculty of Pharmacy, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2004: FFI training ICU at Dreux general hospital/ University of Paris VI, France.
- 1995-2003: Doctor at the Emergency Department at Bac Thang Long General Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2003-2004: Internal Medicine Doctor of Hospital Center of Dreux, France
- 2004-2007: Internal Medicine Doctor at Bac Thang Long General Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2007-2010: Master studies in Rheumatology, Bach Mai Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2011-present: Rheumatologist, Internal Medicine Doctor at L’Hôpital Français de Hanoi , Hanoi, Vietnam
- Vietnamese Rheumatologist Association
- Rheumatologic pathologies
Dr. Tran Anh Dung
- 1998: Medical Doctor, University of Medicine, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2000: Specialization Degree Level 1, Internal Medicine, University of Medicine, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2002: Interuniversity Diploma in therapeutic strategy and infectious diseases, Universities Paris V, VI, VII, France
- 2001: Resident Doctor, Internal Medicine, Saint-Antoine Faculty of Medicine, France
- 1998-2000: Internship Assistant Professor, Parasitology Department, University of Medicine, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2000-2002: Advanced training (FFI), Internal Medicine, Courbevoie-Neuilly sur Seine, France
- 2004: Project Officer, Association of Medical Doctors of Asia, Vietnam.
- 2005: General Practitioner, Department of Internal Medicine, Hoe Nhai Hospital & Emergency Department of Dong Da Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam
- From 2005-present: General Practitioner and Emergency Physician, Hanoi French Hospital, Hanoi, Vietnam.