Welcome to the Disgnostic Imaging Department of the Hanoi French Hospital. We are committed to deliver best quality diagnostic and interventional imaging services whilst adhering to strict infection control and radiation safety standards.
The Disgnostic Imaging Department consists of permanent Vietnamese radiologist full time doctors, supported by a regular team of French radiologist visiting specialists and external consultants, with years of experience in the field. We work together and exchange experience, creating a solid team of specialists ensure diagnostic quality to the patients and treatment physicians serving physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
We offer a wide range of diagnostic services, including:
Radiography is currently most frequently used form of diagnostic medical imaging X-rays. Patients should receive X-rays for diagnosis, periodic health checkups or recruitment health exams.
The use of digital X-ray system helps shorten processing time compared with conventional x-rays, minimizing patient exposure to radiation. In case of necessity, protective clothing ensembles are available to protect your bodies from being affected by radiation.
There is no preparation for plain X-rays. With the other prepared exams for example gastrointestinal procedure, regard to barium X-rays, the preparation before the procedure includes fasting, enema refrain from eating and drinking, taking drug to cleanse the bowel (following the doctor’s indication).
To achieve the optimum image quality, please follow the instructions of the doctors and technicians. If you are pregnant or suspect that you may be pregnant, you should notify the doctor or technician before procedure.
The following radiological services are available:
- Routine digital x-rays of chest, sinuses, spine, osteoarticular.
- Digital x-rays with media contrast for scans of gastrointestinal system, hysterosalpingograpgy uterus and fallopian tubes with contrast, scans of urinary tract, joints, percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography, percutaneous biopsy, puncture or drainage procedures
A mammography, or mammogram, is an X-ray of the breast. It is a screening tool examused to detect and diagnose breast cancer. Together with regular clinical exams and monthly breast self-examinations, mammograms are a key element in the early diagnosis of breast cancer. The state-of the art Giotto digital mammography unit. Giotto, Italy, gives doctors the ability to obtain the best quality images, and also allows patients to experience less pain during compression (thanks to its automatic compression system). The images are displayed on BARCO high resolution screens, enabling faster and more accurate diagnosis.
At Hanoi French Hospital, we use Panoramic, Cephalometric & CBCT Dental X-ray, model: CS8100SC 3D of Carestream Dental LLC, France. It is an exceptional equipment with the most advanced software for all dental and orthodontic needs. The equipment scans the patient's head horizontally using a narrow X-ray beam with an extremely low effective dose of radiation. This equipment also allows to create cephalometric analyses and superimpositions in minutes.
Our Fluoroscopy is a digital X-ray TV System, Model: Luminos Agile MAX, SIEMENS, GERMANY
Fluoroscopy is a type of medical imaging that shows a continuous X-ray image on a monitor, much like an X-ray movie. During a fluoroscopy procedure, an X-ray beam is passed through the body. The image is transmitted to a monitor so the movement of a body part or of an instrument or contrast agent (“X-ray dye”) through the body can be seen in detail.
Fluoroscopy is used in a wide variety of examinations and procedures to diagnose or treat patients. Some examples are:
- Gastrointestinal graphy with ultravist
- Catheter insertion and manipulation (to direct the movement of a catheter through bile ducts or the urinary system)
- Placement of devices within the body, such as stents
- Angiograms (to visualize blood vessels)
- Orthopedic surgery (to guide joint replacements and treatment of fractures)
Mobile C arm
A mobile C-arm is a medical imaging device that is based on X-ray technology and can be used flexibly in various operating theaters and other areas. The name is derived from the C-shaped arm used to connect the X-ray source and X-ray detector to one another.
During a procedure the doctor can identify and check anatomical details on the image such as blood vessels, bones, kidney stones and the position of implants and instruments at any time.
Ultrasound is a safe diagnostic procedure, causing no harm to patients.
We perform ultrasound services using GE latest generation of ultrasound machine, ensuring good diagnostic image quality. Its HD live technology (4D ultrasound lightening technique), SRI (Speckle Reduction Imaging) and TUI (Tomographic Ultrasound Imaging) will bring realistic experience of 3D, 4D images of the human fetus. We provide all ultrasound services, including:
- Transfontanellar Ultrasonography
- Salivary grands ultrasonography: parotid gland - submaxillary glands
- Breast ultrasonography
- Thyroid grand ultrasonography (inclusive of ultrasound examination for neck lump)
- Face-neck soft tissue ultrasound
- Axillary ultrasonography
- Ultrasound of inguinal region
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Renal and bladder ultrasound
- Uterus and ovary ultrasound
- Testicular ultrasound
- Prostate ultrasound
- Spinal ultrasound
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Soft tissue ultrasound
- Pleural ultrasound
- Some gastrointestinal tract diseases
Besides, Doppler color ultrasound system helps access the flow of blood in arteries and veins. Ultrasound is also used to guide biopsy.
Special ultrasound equipment is available for complete examination of the heart and the blood vessels to detect abnormalities or during follow up after a condition such as
Premium color doppler ultrasound Model: VIVID E95, GE USA and Premium color doppler ultrasound for Model: VIVID S70N, GE USA
Computerized Tomography Scan (CT scan)
This is an X-ray imaging method with multiple helical slices CT scan to create fast and detailed images inside the body.
When you need a CT scan, the radiologist/ technician will ask you about your health condition, providing you information about the benefits as well as preparation required. In the event that contrast medium is necessary for the scan, you will be asked about history of allergy, kidney or liver diseases, diabetes or if you had experienced contrast medium enhanced CT scan before.
Siemens 64 slices CT scan enables us to perform all scans, notably are:
- Coronary CT angiography: to evaluate the coronary arteries and to determine calcium scoring, detect coronary artery disease at early stage in patients with risk factors and especially screen for coronary artery disease, that then assist cardiologists to determine appropriate consultation or adjustment in those at risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Cerebrovascular CT angiography: to be able to demonstrate cerebral arteries and cerebral parenchymal perfusion to detect and evaluate early ischemic lesions, which have high value for treatment.
- Dual energy CT scan technology brings new achievements in medical diagnosis as:
- Early detection of gout with high sensitivity and specificity
- Study of urinary stone characteristics (hardness, chemical composition, etc.) enables urology surgeons to make necessary and full evaluation before intervention.
- Reduce artifacts in case of the patients who have osteoarticular materials or other metal-based implants in their body.
Magnetic resonance imaging scan (MRI Scan)
MRI is a non-invasive medical examination that doctors use to diagnose medical conditions. It produces detailed images of organs, soft tissues, bone and virtually and all other internal body structures. MRI does not use ionizing radiation (x-rays) and for that reason it is safe to examine children and pregnancy.
New Siemen Sempra MRI 1.5 Tesla system with preeminent software and pulse sequences such as Tim, Dot engines, Quite suite, WARP, high bandwidth help speed up workflows, autopositioning, reduce noise, reduce metal artifacts provide consistent imaging quality.
We offer the whole range of top-quality and safe diagnostic imaging modalities for routine and emergency medical and surgical conditions.
MRI is used for evaluation of, but not limited to:
- Abdominal organs— including liver, biliary tract, kidneys – adrenal grands, spleen, bowel, pancreas.
- pelvic organs including the bladder and the reproductive organs such as the uterus and ovaries in females and the prostate in males.
- blood vessels (with/without gadolinium)
- lymph nodes.
- Musculoskletal system
- Spine, including spinal cord and intervertebral discs
- Brain, the skull and cranial nerves
- Other soft tissues
We also may operate mobile x-ray and ultrasound equipment to obtain images at the patient's bedside, in the operating theatre or in the intensive care unit in a quick and accurate manner in case of necessity.
All digital medical images are kept in a PACS image storage, the latest software version of FUJIFILM. Thanks to the integration of this system to the hospital information system HIS-RIS, your medical images data and diagnostic imaging reports will be kept in our digital data bank for long time and can be retrieved at any time. That is very helpful to following and comparision with the last exams.
Facilities and equipment
- Siemen Sempra MRI 1.5 Tesla (Germany)
- Volusion E10 Expert 3D/4D from General Electrics Health care (United State)
- Volusion E8 Expert 3D/4D from General Electrics Health care (United State)
- Siemens Somatom Perspective 64 slice CT Scan (Germany)
- Giotto Digital Mammography Unit (Italia)
- Panoramic Cephalometric & CBCT Dental X-ray, Model: CS8100SC 3D, Manufacturer: Carestream Dental LLC, France
- Digital X-ray TV system (Fluoroscopy), model: Luminos Agile MAX, SIEMENS, GERMANY
- C-arm mobile system, Model: Cios Select, SIEMENS