- Anesthesiology & Intensive Care Unit
- Clinical and Interventional Cardiology
- Dermatology & Venereology
- Emergency Medicine
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- General & Family Medicine
- Infectious Diseases & Tropical Medicine
- Interventional Radiology
- Pediatrics & Neonatology
- Pneumology & Allergology
- Psychiatry and Psychotherapy
Infectious Diseases & Tropical Medicine
Our doctors treat a wide spectrum of infectious & tropical diseases, ranging from simple infections anyone can catch, to very complex infections in the immunocompromised patient. Our services include providing preventative care, outpatient consultation and inpatient care for:
General Infectious Diseases
- Community acquired infections such as Dengue Fever, Mumps, Measles, Varicella, Meningitis, infectious gastroenteritis due to salmonella, shigella, etc.
- Healthcare associated infections, such as multidrug resistant bacterial
- Infections of the heart, blood vessels, lungs, kidneys, bladder, digestive system, liver, brain and nerves.
- Emergency care for acute infections
- Chronic infections such as tuberculosis, and other chronic viral or bacterial infections.
- HIV (human immunodeficiency virus)
- Hepatitis A, B, and C.
- Fungal infections, including endemic mycoses
- Parasitic infections such as Malaria, amebiasis, cysticercosis, and others.
- Fever of unknown origin.
Consultation and treatment of infectious diseases (viral or bacterial infection, fungal infection) in pregnant women.
- Pre-travel examination, recommendations and vaccinations
- After travel check-up and treatment if necessary.
Traveler's Health and Vaccination
We provide pre- and post-travel health counselling along with any immunization or medications that are needed for overseas travel.
In addition to medical advice about the risk of travel-related infections and diseases, travelers with special circumstances (pregnant women, elderly, immunocompromised individuals) can seek health advice that is specific to their condition. A broad range of travel immunizations and medications prescribed for the prevention of malaria and the treatment of travel-associated conditions such as diarrhea are available.
Our specialists also offer consultations for returning travelers. Screening tests for travel-related infections may be offered, depending on the exposure history and any symptoms that the traveler might have.
Vaccinations are also available to non-travelers who may have missed out on routine vaccinations or may require vaccinations for specific reasons (for example, those with an immunocompromised state or high-risk occupation).
All vaccines at the Hanoi French Hospital are sourced from reliable top-quality international companies and stored according to international standards. Available vaccines:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis A &Hepatitis B combined vaccine
- Seasonal Influenza
- Japanese B Encephalitis
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Meningococcal conjugate
- Pneumococcal vaccine
- Inactivated polio
- Tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (TDAP)
- Typhoid Fever (Typhim Vi)
- Varicella (Chickenpox)
BE PREPARED (BePrep) Consultation
Our specialists provide the following services tailored to individual needs:
- STI (sexual transmitted infections) and HIV-risk assessments
- STI risk-reduction counselling
- STI and HIV screening
- STI treatment
- Comprehensive HIV risk-reduction package including Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Direct linkage to HIV care for patients who test positive for HIV during a visit to the BePrep Clinic
When to book a BePrep Consultation?
- You are worried or have questions about your sexual health
- You are wondering if PrEP is for you
- You need treatment for a STI
- You have symptoms of a STI or HIV
- You have had unprotected intercourse with someone who has tested positive for a STI or HIV
- You would like to have safer sex advice or counseling
- You would like to discuss how best to protect yourself from STIs and HIV