Tin Tức - Thu, 10/26/2017 - 17:27
Be Ready for Flu Season: Get Vaccinated
Flu is a serious contagious disease that can result to hospitalization and severe complications.
Getting an annual flu vaccine is the first and best way to protect yourself and your family from the flu. Young patients, the elderly and patients with other health problems such as lung or heart diseases are especially vulnerable.
At L’Hôpital Francais de Hanoi, the 2017-2018 flu vaccine (Vaxigrip) is produced by SANOFI (France) under strict regulations and according to the standards of the World Health Organization. The new seasonal flu shot will protect you against three strains of flu virus: H1N1, H3N2 and Influenza B.
More information about flu vaccination
When should you get vaccinated?
October or November is the best time to get vaccinated, but you can still get vaccinated in December and later. Flu season can begin as early as October and lasts as late as May.
Who should get vaccinated?
Anyone who wants to reduce their chances of getting the flu can get vaccinated and it is recommended that people at risk should get vaccinated every year.
Who should not be vaccinated?
Please consult with the doctor if you want flu vaccination for:
- Children less than 6 months of age.
- People who have a severe allergy to chicken eggs
- People who have had a severe reaction to an influenza vaccination in the past
- People who developed Guillian-Barré syndrome (GBS) within 6 weeks of getting an influenza vaccine previously;
- People who have a moderate or severe illness with a fever should wait to get vaccinated until their symptoms have resolved.